In Iberdrola Distribución Eléctrica, occupational risk prevention is paramount, with priority over any other aspect.
In this respect, and in order to achieve "zero accidents", the Company carries out the following actions:
- Consilidate the integration of safety in all the processes and levels of the organisation.
- Investments to improve installation security.
- Provision and renovation of personal protective equipment.
- Continual monitoring of the work of internal and external personnel.
- Training and continual retraining of workers in the prevention area.
- Demanding monitoring of the contractors' training activities.
- Auditing inspections to activities of internal personnel and contractors.
- Investigation and communication throughout the organisation of any accidents that occur.
- Creation of two safety coordination positions: "Safety Leaders" for own staff, and "Contract Administrators" for contractor personnel.
- Creation of Iberdrola Network Express (INE), which broadcasts internally and externally prevention-related news that help keep training up-to-date.
All these activities are managed through an Occupational Risk Prevention Management System certified in accordance with the OSHAS 18001 standard, which includes the health and safety policy, goals and programmes, functions and responsibilities, procedures, the risk assessment method and results, and the established controls. This system enables us to systematise, manage and ensure compliance with all the requirements in connection with occupational hazard prevention.